Laptop check for a digital exam on-campus on your own laptop
The laptop check is a way to test if the Schoolyear software works on your laptop.
You can do the laptop check two times per week.
If you run into problems doing the laptop check we have a diagnostic tool available to help you investigate issues with your laptop. You can download it here. Install the tool and follow the instructions.
Checklist laptop check for an on-campus digital exam
- Click on 'Enter with your school account'
- You will be taken to the University login page. If you are already logged on (to Brightspace for example) these pages might be skipped.
- Select Wageningen University & Research (WUR) from the list.
- On the next page fill in your WUR username and password.
- Click on the 'Sign in' button.
When you start a Schoolyear exam, Schoolyear will check if the latest version is installed. If not, Schoolyear will ask you to update.
- Click on 'Download Schoolyear'
- The Schoolyear plugin will be downloaded. Now start the installation of Schoolyear and follow the instructions on screen.
After Schoolyear is installed the application will ask you to confirm before continuing. Save all open documents and programs other than your browser to prevent the loss of data before you proceed.
When the installation is finished the Schoolyear application will ask you to confirm that Schoolyear is allowed to close all running applications, before signing you out of Windows.
Once you sign in to Windows the Schoolyear application will start and show you the results of the laptop check.
You can close Schoolyear with the button 'EXIT' in the lower right corner of the screen.
During the on-campus exam you have to submit your exam in Ans before you close Schoolyear with the 'EXIT' button. This needs to be checked with the invigilators in the room. When you're ready to submit your exam raise your hand. The invigilator will check if the exam is submitted correctly.
Want to know more about digital exams on campus?