How to use Virtual Classroom (Pulse)
A Virtual Classroom is an integrated tool in Brightspace provided by Bongo that allows lecturers and students to engage with each other through Livestream video. Τhe Brightspace Pulse application is a helpful tool for students that enables them to participate in online discussions and meetings through their mobile phone.
This article will show you how to:
Accessing and using Virtual Classroom in Pulse
In the Pulse-app navigate to your courses and, then
- Click on the desired Course, e.g Water Management
- Select the (sub)module where the Virtual Classroom is located, e.g General
- Select the desired topic from the list, e.g Water Management
An overview page will open,
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page. When the meeting has started, you can join using the blue button Enter Meeting Room. If the meeting is only scheduled in a future time this button will be gray (and not yet clickable)
Keep in mind that is only possible to enter the scheduled meeting only if the moderator has opened the session.
It is possible to select how to enter the audio within the Virtual Classroom,
- Click on the Microphone - to be able to speak or present at any given moment during the meeting
Click on the Listen only - to only listen and do not intend to speak
The Virtual Classroom meeting entails different features,
- Click on the menu on the left corner
Α list of options will appear
By clicking on the Person icon, the user list will appear.
The presenter will be highlighted to make it clearer who is Presenting. The user list is firstly sorted by role (Moderator role at the top) then alphabetically.
By clicking on the Chat Icon, a public chat of the meeting will open, its content will appear on the left of the main screen.
By clicking on the Breakout rooms icon, the Breakout Room list will appear where you can join one of them.
Keep in mind that only the moderators in the meeting can start and assign users to Breakout Rooms.
- By clicking on the three dot icon in the top right, more options will appear.
For more information, please visit: General session controls.
11. From the drop-down menu click Leave
If the meeting was recorded, you can re-watch the recording after the meeting ended. However, be aware that the processing of the recorded meeting can take a few minutes.
12. Click the play icon to start viewing the recorded meeting
You now know how to use Virtual Classroom in the Pulse app!