How to submit a Unicheck Assignment
Apart from an assignment in Brightspace, your lecturer might require from you a submission to Unicheck. Unicheck is a plagiarism tool replacing Turnitin.
This article will explain:
- How to access Unicheck assignment through Assessment tab
- How to submit to Unicheck
- and see how a successful Submission confirmation page looks like
How to access Unicheck through Assessment tab
Navigate to your Course page. Then,
1. Click on Assessment in the navbar, this will open the drop-down menu
2. Then, click on Assignments
How to submit to Unicheck
This will open the Assignments homepage with the list of all available course assignments. In the table you will see the columns Name of the assignment, the Completion Status, Score, Evaluation Status and Due Date.
1. Click on the Assignment you need to submit your work to
This will open the Assignment submission page:
- Read the Instructions carefully
- Click on the Attached File
This action will open the Unicheck page in a new browser tab with the Unicheck iframe.
Do not close the browser tab with the Brightspace assignment!
- Click on Add files
By clicking the Add files button an Upload file page will pop-out with options of where you want to upload your file from:
- Click on one of the icons
You have the option to select from:
Select this option if you wish to Add a file stored on your computer
Select this option if you wish to Add a file stored in your Google Drive
Select this option if you wish to Add a file stored in your Dropbox
Select this option if you wish to add a file from your WUR OneDrive.
If you are using this option for the first time you will be prompted to sign in first. Click the button to sign in and you will be automatically signed in to your WUR OneDrive. In the next step you will be able to see its contents, the folders and documents of your personal WUR OneDrive.
When you choose to upload the file from My Computer a window will pop-up. Search for the file within your computer's folders. Then,
- Click on the File you want to add as your submission to the assignment
- Click on Open
How many files you can submit depends on how your lecturer has set up the assignment. The Final Submission will only allow you to submit one file.
When your file has been uploaded:
8. Click on the blue button FINAL SUBMISSION
The following message will appear in the top right-corner.
If the Similarity score is enabled by your lecturer you will see it on this page as you submit your file.
9. Click on the x to close the browser tab with Unicheck
On the original browser tab of the assignment, on the Assignment submission homepage navigate to the section Submit - Text submission. Then,
- In the text editor field write a small text to your teacher indicating that you have submitted your assignment
- Click on the blue button Submit to send your submission to the system.
It is important to do the Step 10 and Step 11 so your lecturer can see your submission to the system.
After you click Submit on your Assignment submission page a new page with confirmation of your submission will open:
- Click on the blue button Done
This will return you to the Assignments homepage where you can see the completion status of your recent submission.
You now know how to make a submission to a Unicheck assignment in Brightspace!
Want to know more about assignments in Brightspace?