How to submit a student precheck for a Unicheck assignment
Apart from an assignment in Brightspace, your lecturer might require from you a submission to Unicheck. Unicheck is a plagiarism tool replacing Turnitin®. If instructed by the teacher, you may have the option to pre-check your assignment before submitting your final assignment through Unicheck.
Only if a teacher has enable the precheck settings in the Unicheck assignment, the Drafts folder will appear. For more information, please visit: About Unicheck precheck settings
This article will explain:
How to access Unicheck through Assessment tab
Navigate to your Course page. Then,
1. Click on Assessment in the navigation bar, this will open the drop-down menu
2. Then, click on Assignments
How to submit a student precheck
This will open the Assignments homepage with the list of all available course assignments. In the table, you will see the columns Name of the assignment, the Completion Status, Score, Evaluation Status and Due Date.
3. Click on title of the Assignment you need to submit your work to
This will open the Assignment submission page:
4. Read the Instructions carefully
5. Click on the Attached File
This action will open the Unicheck page in a new browser tab with the Unicheck iframe.
Do not close the browser tab with the Brightspace assignment!
The teacher allowed two precheck(s), meaning you can check your assignment twice
6. Click on Drafts
By clicking Drafts, an Unicheck Dashboard will open.
7. Click on the green Upload Files button
A pop-out page will open with options of where you want to upload your file from:
8. Click on one of the icons
Choose one of the following options to add a file
- My Computer - Select this option if you wish to Add a file stored on your computer
- From Google Drive - Select this option if you wish to Add a file stored from your Google Drive
- From Dropbox - Select this options if you wish to Add a file stored in your Dropbox
- OneDrive Files - Select from your WUR OneDrive.
If you are using this option for the first time you will be prompted to sign in first. Click the button to sign in and you will be automatically signed in to your WUR OneDrive. In the next step you will be able to see its contents, the folders and documents of your personal WUR OneDrive.
When you choose to upload the file from My Computer a window will pop-up. Search for the file within your computer's folders. Then,
9. Click on the File you want to add as your submission to the assignment
10. Click on Open
How many files you can submit depends on how your lecturer has set up the assignment. The Final Submission will only allow you to submit one file.
When your file has been uploaded:
11. Select the report you have uploaded by ticking the box
12. Click on the blue Check For Similarity button
The file will upload
Once the file has been uploaded the Similarity score will appear.
How to add assignment to Final Submission
If you are satisfied and wish to submit your assignment as your final submission,
13. Tick the box next to the document, and then
14. Click on Add to Assignment
After this action, you will be redirected to the assignment homepage in Unicheck.
15. Click on the blue Final Submission button
After this action, a message will appear on the top right corner, saying you have successfully submitted the file. You can now close the browser tab with Unicheck and go back to the Assignment in Brightspace.
On the original browser tab of the assignment, on the Assignment submission homepage navigate to the section Submit - Text submission. Then,
17. In the text editor field write a small text to your teacher indicating that you have submitted your assignment
18. Click on the blue button Submit to send your submission to the system.
It is important to do the Step 11 and Step 12 so your lecturer can see your submission to the system.
After you click Submit on your Assignment submission page a new page with confirmation of your submission will open:
19. Click on the blue button Done
This will return you to the Assignments homepage where you can see the completion status of your recent submission.
You now know how to make a Student pre-check to an Unicheck assignment in Brightspace!
Want to know more about Unicheck assignments in Brightspace?