Login instructions & tryout exam for a remote proctored exam
The tryout exam is a way to train yourself in taking an off-campus proctored exam and to test if everything works properly. The login procedure for the tryout exam is nearly identical to your real exam. If you are able to follow all the steps below you will be ready for the real exam.
For the exact date and time of your real exam check Time Edit or myWURtoday.
This manual will show:
Recordings from the tryout exam are not saved and results will not be graded.
Before you start
Steps to login into a remote proctored exam
If you have already installed the PSI Secure Browser before, then you don't have to redownload the software. You can directly launch the program through your computer's Start menu.
If an error message pops-up when trying to open the PSI Secure Browser, uninstall and redownload the software again.
- Navigate to https://wur.remoteproctor.com
- Click on 'Download Software'. After the download has finished, open and install the file.
Once the Remote Proctoring Software has been successfully downloaded and installed, open the PSI Secure Browser through your Start menu or the shortcut on your desktop.
- After the program has launched, test your microphone by making some noise.
- If your microphone works, you will be able to click on 'Continue'.
- Click on the drop-down menu next to 'Pick Your Exam Teacher/Sponsor or Course'.
- Select 'Digital Examination: WUR'.
- Click on the drop-down menu next to 'Pick Your Exam'.
- Select your exam. If you want to do the tryout exam, select the tryout exam here (i.e. Tryout exam students 2021-2022).
Your real exam will only be listed in this drop-down menu on the correct date/time of the exam.
If, for example, your exam starts at 08:30 then the exam will not appear in the list before 08:30. The list is loaded when you start the PSI Secure Browser, so make sure you don't start the software too early.
- Fill in your first name, last name and email address.
- Please fill in your WUR email address, not your private email.
- Click on Next.
A pre-exam advisory message will appear. Read the instructions carefully.
- Click on Next.
A Security Check pop-up message will appear. If the requirements are met:
- Click on Next
- Click on Take Identification Photo. You need to take a photo of your WURcard here. It is also allowed to use an official ID card. In that case cover your ID/BSN number (for your own privacy).
A pop-up will appear with the ID preview,
- Tick the box to confirm that the ID photo is clear, legible and centered
- Click on Confirm ID Photo
You will now have to scan your environment with your webcam.
- Click on Start Room Scan. Walk / turn slowly through your room showing your environment. The room scan should be at least 45 seconds and you should show yourself and the laptop with a (small) mirror, to prove that you do not have any hidden notes attached to your laptop or your body.
Once you have shown everything in your room:
- Click on Stop Room Scan
A pop-up window wll appear, in which you can review your room scan recording.
- If satisfied with the recording, tick the box to confirm that the room/desk scan is clear
- Click on Confirm Room/Desk Scan
You will be prompted to take a photo of yourself.
- Click on Take User Photo, to take a picture of yourself.
A pop-up window will appear with the User Photo Preview
- Tick the box to confirm that the photo is clear and that your face is centered.
- Click on Confirm User Photo
The pop-up window will close. Read the instructions on the screen carefully.
- Click on OK
- Click on All other courses to continue.
If you are an external student and have received a non-WUR login account, click on All other courses (local login) instead, and read point 8.1 below.
External students without a @wur.nl account cannot log in the same way as @wur.nl accounts can. After clicking on All other course (local login) you will be redirected to the page shown below. Manually type in the email and password that you have received here.
After you have manually logged in, you can skip straight to step 11 of this manual.
Read the instructions carefully on how to start an exam in Ans,
- Click on Proceed to Ans
This will redirect you to the SURFconext authentication page.
In the search bar, search for Wageningen University & Research (WUR) or scroll through the list.
- Click on Wageningen University & Research (WUR)
This will redirect you to the WUR login page.
- Fill in your WUR account and password.
- Click on Sign in
After filling in the correct credentials you will automatically be redirected to the 'Login via SURFconext' page. This page will only show the first time you go to Ans.
- Click on Proceed to Ans
The exam instructions will open, carefully read all the instructions and regulations,
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page
At the bottom of the instructions and regulations page, there will be an empty input field to insert the password.
For further questions about problems and issues, please visit: Getting ready for an online exam