Preparations for an on-campus digital exam on your own laptop
It is important to prepare yourself in advance for a digital exam on your own laptop:
- Check if your laptop meets the Schoolyear requirements. Chromebooks are not supported. Schoolyear is only supported on laptops with:
- Windows 10 or 11, or Mac OS 10.15 or newer
- Check if the security software (Schoolyear) works on your laptop with the laptop check.
- Make sure you use the EDUROAM wifi connection when you are on campus.
- You have an active WUR-account and you know your username and password.
- When you have a Windows 10 laptop: add English as display language. See this instruction if you don't know how.
You can test if your laptop is sufficient by doing the laptop check.
If you have problems or issues with downloading and starting Schoolyear or have questions about Ans, please come to our walk-in sessions for assistance.
For period 1 the following dates are scheduled:
- 19 September 2023, 15.00-16.00 (Forum B.0425)
- 21 September 2023, 15.00-16.00 (Aurora B.9216)
- 17 October 2023, 15.00-16.00 (Forum B.0425)
- 19 October 2023, 15.00-16.00 (Forum B.0404)
- Restart your laptop once and check if there are updates that should be installed.
- Charge the battery of your laptop.
- Check if you have English as display language available.
- ID and WURcard (you need your ID to identify yourself if your laptop crashes and you need a spare laptop)
- Laptop charger and power cord
- For a Windows laptop: set the Windows interface language to English or Dutch
Come to the exam room 15 minutes before the scheduled start time to get started with your laptop.
In case your laptop does not work and you can't start the exam, please inform the invigilator about this. The invigilator will call the reception desk to inform that you need a spare laptop.
If the exam has not started yet, you have to pick up the spare laptop yourself. If the exam already started, the concierge will bring the spare laptop to the exam room. It is very important that you bring both your WUR-card and ID-card and show them at the reception desk. Your WUR-card stays at the reception desk when you receive the spare laptop.
Go back to the exam room and restart the login procedure on the spare laptop. When you have finished the exam, do not forget to return the spare laptop to the reception desk and take your WUR-card.
Want to know more about digital exams on campus?