When taking a remote proctored exam, you should expect personal information and data to be collected. The remote proctoring service is supplied by the company PSI and paid for by Wageningen University.
This article will explain:
Rules and regulations about Privacy
- The proctoring software from PSI will make recordings of your screen and your webcam on behalf of Wageningen University
- Your picture and the picture of your WUR-card are also recorded by the company on behalf of Wageningen University
- Checking the recordings for suspicious behavior or infringement of the rules is done by trained proctors from the company PSI in a controlled setting (no data can be taken from the secure environment).
- Anything marked as suspicious by the proctor will be reviewed for a second time by the WUR video review team who will write a report about it if needed. The report (not moving video images) is sent to the Examining Board.
- The Examining Boards evaluates the report. A fraud investigation can be started in which the examiner and the student will be involved. If a legitimate reason appears during a hearing-rehearing procedure, a representative of the Examining Board may view a recording of a remote proctored examination. The student will be informed of this in advance. If a student does not give permission to view the recordings, the Examining Board will decide based on the report of the WUR video reviewers.
Storage of the recordings
The recordings of the examination at the provider's premises are deleted after three months. Only in the case of an investigation by the examining board recordings can be stored at WUR. The examining board submits a request to the video review team and the recording is temporarily secured at digital examinations. After the end of the investigation and the expiry of the term for appeal (if applicable) the recordings at WUR are permanently deleted.
FAQ items on privacy
Should you have a specific privacy question you may contact the privacy officer at [email protected].
- Make sure that on your computer, in your room and on your desk there is no information visible that you don't want to be known to others. Think of passwords, private information, expressions of religion, etc
- It is advised to block the document-ID and person-number on your ID-card/passport e.g. with a post-it as long as your photo and complete name are visible. But it is best to use your WUR-card
- Dress as you would for an exam.
Now you know about your privacy in remote proctored exams at WUR!