Login instructions for an off-campus digital exam with Schoolyear for professionals
This article will explain how to start a off-campus digital exam with Schoolyear enabled.
When you start the exam, Schoolyear will close all programs and documents that are currently running on your laptop so make sure to save any important documents first.
- Save open documents and close all programs
- Open a webbrowser (Chrome, Firefox or Edge). On a Macbook, the Safari browser is not supported. In that case install one of the three mentioned browsers.
- Go to https://ans.app and click on 'Sign in' in the upper right corner of the page.
d. Under Log in with email, use your own e-mail address and previous made Password.
e. The Ans homepage opens. You can see your available exams under 'Live assignments'.
f. Click on your exam under 'Live assignments'.
g. The exam opens on the instruction page of the exam. Read the text carefully and click 'Start'.
If you already have Schoolyear installed, then the following steps only appear when there is a newer version available.
- Click on 'Download Schoolyear'.
- When Schoolyear has finished downloading, open and install the installation file.
- Schoolyear will ask for confirmation before signing you out of Windows.
- Click on 'Continue' and Schoolyear will log you off. Log back in with your Windows password (if you have one) and Schoolyear will automatically launch.
You will automatically be redirected back to your exam in Ans. You can now start the exam.
- Enter the password given by the invigilator in the password field below.
- Click on 'Continue' to start the exam.
You can see the amount of time left in the upper right corner of the screen.
When you are allowed to use a dictionary in the exam you can translate words or parts of the text via Readspeaker. See Using a dictionary in a digital exam.
It is important to know that even if an error occurs during your exam, all your given answers are saved regularly.
Make sure you submit your exam first by clicking on the submit icon in the lower right corner of the exam before you click on the 'EXIT EXAM' button!
You are done. Great job!