Personal Settings | How to manage Notifications
You can sign up to receive immediate email notifications on new and updated activities of your course happening in Brightspace, such as Announcements, Discussion forum posts, Assignment due dates and feedback, Content, Grades, Quizzes. It is possible to select for which (parts of) courses notifications will be sent.
This article will explain:
- how to manage your Notifications via e-mail updates
Notifications settings apply for your account in Brightspace, therefore they will apply for all Brightspace courses you are enrolled!
These notifications are not related to the notifications within Brightspace WUR homepage itself!
Teachers will usually send important updates through Announcements. When disabling other notifications it is recommended to at least set the option to receive updates on new announcements.
Open you Brightspace page. Then,
1. Click on your name or picture in the Minibar in the upper right corner of the site
2. Click Notifications
You will land on the Notifications page where you can adjust their settings.
3. Contact Methods - by default the WUR-mail address is used as the email notification address. When notifications should be sent to a different address click Change your email settings and enter a different address.
4. Summary of Activity - here you can select the frequency of the email summary
- Never - you will not receive any summary email even if your email is still included
- Daily - summary email will be sent each day at a time you set. If time field is left blank the email will be sent at 0:00 (midnight).
- Weekly - summary email will be sent weekly on a day and time you set.
5. Instant Notifications list - tick the selectbox(es) of course activities you want to receive the notifications emails
6. Customise Notifications - click the selectbox(es) to select whether or not to include grades in the notification e-mail (is ticked by default), and/or updates on future courses.
7. Exclude Some Courses - When notifications should still be active but disabled for (a) specific course(s), click Manage my course exclusions and select which courses should be excluded from the notification e-mail.
8. Click Save to save the changes go back to the previous active window.
You now know how to successfully manage your Notifications in Brightspace!
Want to know more about your Profile and Settings in Brightspace?