Assignments | How to make a submission to an assignment in Brightspace
Now that you know where to find and how to access your course assignments, this article will explain how submission to a Brightspace assignment works.
In this article you will find:
- explanation of the Assignment Submission page
- instruction on How to submit
- and see how a successful Submission confirmation page looks like
Assignment Submission page
Now that you accessed your Assignment (see how to do so here) you will see the submission page of it:
On the page you will see the following information:
- Title of the assignment
- Turnitin information - optional; only appears if the lecturer has turned on the TurnItIn option for your assignment
- Instructions for the assignment - optional; only appears if the lecturer has included this information
- Files - indicates how many files have you uploaded yet so far
- submission buttons Add a File, Record Audio, Record Video
- Comments - optional; in the text box you can leave a comment for your lecturer on your submission
How to submit
On the submission page to submit your work:
- Click one of the buttons
- Add a File - to upload your submission based on the lecturer' instructions (submission file types supported by Brightspace)
- Record Audio - to record an audio file directly through this button
- Record Video - to record a video file directly through this button
When you have added the file(s) via either Add a File, Record Audio, or Record Video buttons they will appear on the Submission page.
2. Click the button Submit to send your submission to the system.
How many files you can submit depends on how your lecturer set up the assignment. It is possible that you might upload an unlimited number of files per submission, or you will only be allow to submit one file per submission.
After you click Submit on your Submission page a new page with confirmation on your submission will open:
If an assignment is a Turnitin® assignment, and the lecturer enabled the option for you to check your Similarity score on plagiarism, you can follow the process as described in the section Note on the Review Assignment Submission page (for more visit: How to review my submission's Turnitin® Similarity score).
If you click blue button Done, you will be returned to the Assignments homepage. There you can see then see the completion status of your recent submission; number of submissions to system, and number of submitted files:
You now know hot to make a submission to an assignment in Brightspace!
Want to know more about assignments in Brightspace?