Calendar | How to import/export a Calendar
This article will show you how to export your Brightspace calendar to your private calendar, like Google Calendar and the calendar in Microsoft Outlook. You will learn about:
In the course homepage, navigate to the green navigation bar
- Click on My Brightspace
- From the drop-down menu click on Calendar
Enabling external calendars
1. In the Calendar homepage click on Settings. This will open the Settings pop-up menu.
2. Tick the box Enable Calendar Feeds.
3. Click Save
There should now be an option Subscribe. The Calendar is now set up to import and export calendars.
Exporting a calendar from Brightspace
Brightspace will export the calendar as an iCal-link (.ics file). Make sure the importing environment supports this.
1. On the Calendar homepage, click Subscribe. This will open the Calendar Subscriptions pop-up window
2. Under Calendar Subscription it is possible to select which parts of the calendar need to be transferred. Options in the drop-down menu are:
- All Calendars and Tasks
- Tasks Only
- All calendar items of specific courses
3. Highlight and copy the URL. This can be used to create a link in the external calendar.
4. Click Close to close the pop-up window.
The generated link will subscribe the external calendar to (parts of) Brightspace. Any changes in Brightspace will also be applied in the external calendar.
It is also possible to Download the calendar as a separate .ics-file. However, the download option is a one-time event; any changes in the Brightspace calendar will not automatically updated in the external calendar, but will have to be manually downloaded again!
You now know how to enable external calendars, and export a calendar from Brightspace!
Want to know more about the Calendar tool in Brightspace?