How can I use MyWorkspace for Windows on my laptop
MyWorkspace is the tool WUR uses to virtually offer course software that cannot be installed on your laptop. You can only use MyWorkspace if you have granted rights for this via the course that you follow. If you have an Apple MacBook you can follow the manual How can I use MyWorkspace for iOS on my laptop
1. Go to your internet browser and enter workspace.wur.nl
2. Click on Install VMware Horizon Client
3. Choose the VMware Horizon Client for Windows and click on Go to Downloads
4. Click on Download on the bottom right to start the download process.
5. Click on Agree & Install to start the installation
6. This screen will appear if the installation was succesful. Click on Finish
7. Click on Restart Now and restart your laptop
8. Open the VMware Horizon Client software: you find it in the Startmenu or on your Windows Desktop
9. Click on Add Server and enter 'workspace.wur.nl', Click on Connect
10. Click on workspace.wur.nl to open MyWorkspace
11. Enter your WUR Username (not your WUR email address) and password and click on Login
12. After you login you find an overview of the software that is made available to you based on the courses you follow.
Before you can work with the software, you need to let MyWorkspace know where your study files are stored. Follow the steps below to connect your OneDrive WageningenUR to your MyWorkspace environment. If you need to install your OneDrive WageningenUR on your Laptop, follow this manual How to use OneDrive WageningenUR .
13. Click on the gear on the top right
14. Click on Sharing. Click on Add to add your OneDrive WageningenUR
15. Go to This pc' -c: drive/users/'your name'/OneDrive WageningenUR. Click on Apply
You have to disconnect and login again to MyWorkspace to effect this.
16. Right click on the connector at the top left and click Ok. After login in, you can open the application necessary for your study to start working
Make sure you have the necessary data stored on your OneDrive WageningenUR before you start working in the application.