Maple: How to install
In the first and second year of Mathematics education, the Maple program is used for computer practicals in various courses.
This manual explains how to install Maple for your MAT course
Maple via the WUR Appstore
If you already installed and have access to the WUR Appstore it is very easy to install the software.
1. Go to the WUR Appstore or install the WUR Appstore
2. Search for Maple and start the installation.
3. Fill in the activation code. The code can be found in the WUR Appstore description of the Maple installation.
NOTE. In case of any installation problems go to the ServicePoint IT in Forum or call ServiceDesk IT +31 317 4 88888
Maple via the website for Windows / Mac OS or Linux
- Go to the Maple download web-page https://www.maplesoft.com/download/
- Enter the purchase code handed to you and click on SUBMIT.
- On the next page, click on Maple2021 to proceed to the actual download.
- Choose the appropriate platform to download Windows / Mac / Linux
- Download the package. This might take some time depending on your internet connection. Then you should install the package.
- After installing, activate the package with the code handed to you and your WUR email address:
Detailed instructions to download and install Maple - Mac OS
1. Using Safari go to https://www.maplesoft.com/download, enter the purchase code given to you and click submit
2. Click on Maple 2021
3. Click on Macintosh (Mac)
4. Click on Allow to start the download
5. Wait for the download to complete; this might take some time. Then on the dock, open Downloads
6. In Finder, open Maple2021.2Macinstaller
7. Open the Maple installer in the new window
8. Click Open to allow the installer to install
9. Confirm again, by entering your Password (the local Mac password)
10. Click on Next> to start the Setup Wizard
11. Choose I accept the agreement and click on Next>
12. Click on Next> to accept the installation folder
13. Choose Single User License and click on Next>
14. Click on Next> to leave the defaults unless you have specific network requirements
15. Maple will either download new updates, or just leave it. Click OK
16. Click Next> to start the installation
17. Maple will now install; this might take some time
18. Click Finish to wrap-up the installation
19. Enter the Purchase Code given to you, and click Next
20. Enter your First Name and Last Name, and your WUR Email address;
tick the consent box, untick the Maplesoft Product Announcements (unless you want them) and click Next
21. Maple is now activated
22. Eject the Maple installer
23. You can find Maple on your Launchpad
24. After starting Maple it will inform you of the license expiration. Click on OK to continue, you do NOT need to activate again.
25. After starting Maple for the first time, it will ask you to grant access for alerts. Click “Open System Preferences” if you want to allow this.
26. In the Security & Privacy window, click on “Click the lock to make changes”
27. Enter your Mac password to confirm that you want to make the changes
28. Tick “Maple 2021” to allow.
Detailed instructions to download and install Maple - Windows
1. On your browser go to https://www.maplesoft.com/download, enter the purchase code that was given to you and click submit
2. Click on the link Maple 2021
3. Click on Windows 64-bit
4. Click Save File (screen may differ depending on browser)
5. In the Downloads folder (depending on your browser), double click on Maple2021.1WindowsX64Installer
6. Click Next> in the Setup wizzard
6.1 Grant elevated rights to install Maple. Click Yes.
7. Choose I accept the agreement and click Next>
8. Accept default installation folder, click Next>
9. If you want a shortcut on your desktop, choose Yes and click Next>
10. Choose Single User License and click Next>
11. Unless you have specific network requirements, leave this as it is and click Next>
12. If there are updates, they will be downloaded. Else you just get a confirmation click OK
13. Click Next> to start the installation
14. The installation might take some time
15. Choose Activate Maple and click Finish
16. Enter the Purchase Code which was given to you and click Next
17. Enter your First Name and Last Name and your WUR Email address;
tick the consent box and untick Maplesoft Product Announcement (unless you want them) and click Next
18. After starting Maple for the first time, Windows will ask for permission to allow Maple access internet. Press “Allow access” if you are willing.
18. After starting Maple, it might inform you of the license expiration. Click on OK to continue, you do NOT need to activate again.