How to use the draft function in the PlanApp?
You can use the draft function in the Plan App to create a draft plan. Within the draft plan it is possible to plan courses, without making changes to your original (approved) plan. You can use this function when you are thinking about doing another specialisation, bachelor or master. This might help you to get an idea of how this might work out. Subsequently, when you think your draft plan is a better plan than your original (approved) plan, it is possible to request approval for this draft plan. When you do this, the draft plan becomes the main plan and the original (approved) plan is overruled. When you overrule your original (approved plan), you again have to request approval for your new plan. How to request approval is described in the manual How to request approval for electives?
This manual describes how to use the draft function of the PlanApp and how to possibly overwrite your main progamme with your draft programme
1. Click on the DRAFT button to open the drop down menu
2. You can either choose New draft or Copy to new draft
When you choose New draft go to step 5.
3. When you choose Copy to new draft fill in a name for your draft
When you choose Copy to new draft your original plan is copied to a new draft.
4. After filling in a name, click on COPY
NOTE: A draft plan can be recognized by the green/yellow background. This makes clear your are working on your draft plan instead of your main plan.
Now your original plan is copied and you are able to make changes to this plan, without changing the original (approved) plan.
5. When you choose New draft fill in a name for your draft, the first year of your study, which study your following and what study programme you want to use
When you choose New draft, an (almost) empty plan appears. In this plan you can start again with planning courses. This can be useful when you want to change programmes.
TIP: Name is the name of your draft. First year is the first year of your study at Wageningen University. Educations is your education program. Study Programme is the year of the study handbook you want to use during planning.
6. When your done, click on ADD
7. Within a draft you are able to Change the name (A) of the draft, Delete the draft (B) or to Overwrite the plan (C)
A. When you choose to Change the name of your draft, fill in a new Name. Then click on MODIFY
Now the name of your draft has changed.
B. When you choose Delete draft, click on PROCEED
Now your draft is deleted.
C. When you choose Overwrite plan, click on PROCEED
NOTE: When you overwrite your plan, your default plan will disappear.
Now your Default Plan is overwritten by your Draft.
8. To go back to your main plan (or other draft) click on the downwards arrow next to the name of your draft and choose which plan you want to go back to
BE AWARE to always save your plan in between changes and before you close the PlanApp. Additionally, to make your plan definite, you need to request approval for your electives. For information on how to request approval for your electives, see the manual How to request approval for electives?